Be the expert people turn to
Content marketing lets you show them why
“You should have a blog!”
Has some well-meaning person told you that? After all, it’s the “it” thing.
Here’s the truth: it may be good for you. It may not.
Content marketing is a great thing. But you need more strategy than “Let’s start a blog.”
Why Content Marketing is Good for Pet Companies
- Each piece of content your publish can:
- Bring in more website traffic
- Give you more opportunities to be found by search engines
- Earn you more shares, likes, etc., on social media
- It allows you to compete against big-name brands. No, you probably can’t afford to advertise like Petco. But you can put out content that takes advantage of the way people search both through web browsers and social media to be found by more people.
- You can educate your customers so they know why they should buy from you before they even pick up the phone to call you. And if they’ve been reading your content and like it, they’re more likely to be a good fit for your company.
But This is Why You Need a Strategy
People may scoff when you talk about content marketing. “It doesn’t work.” “It can work, but it takes too much time.” I’ve heard it all before – even felt that way myself a few times.
But this is why content marketing doesn’t work for those companies:
- They don’t know who they’re marketing to
- They aren’t consistent with their efforts
So here’s the time for some tough love: if you aren’t going to commit to your content marketing strategy, you shouldn’t hire me.
Content marketing is a long-term effort. It requires knowing EXACTLY who your ideal customer is – and giving that person the content they want. Not what you want to produce. What they NEED you to produce.
And then you have to produce it when you say you’re going to.
But if you do content marketing, and you do it right, you can be like these companies:
Start with a Marketing Audit
A blog may not be right for your business. It may not be the best way to demonstrate your expertise.
So I’ll do an audit. I’ll start with your current marketing efforts. I’ll look at your competitors’. I’ll see what your customers are looking for. Then I’ll explain it all to you. And you can decide where to go from there.